Support Shepherd of the Lake by Serving on a Sunday Morning
We encourage families to sign up together or anyone that would enjoy participating in
communion in a new way. It is a beautiful thing to offer the bread and wine and be a
gracious server of the Lord’s Supper.
Invite people into worship, hand out worship materials, walk people into the Worship Center to find seats, collect offering, release for communion, notice people who might need communion brought to them and bring a communion server team to them.
The Assisting Minister participates in worship by leading prayers, liturgy, serving communion, etc.
These are the first people to engage with our community as we gather for worship. Happy, smiling gracious people are needed to be a welcoming presence on Sunday mornings. Hold the door, know worship services happenings, and direct people to the Worship Center.
Acolyte means “helper.” The Acolyte brings the light of Christ into Worship by lighting candles; helps at Communion and extinguishes the candles at the end of services.
How to Sign up to serve
Steps to Signing Up Online for Sunday Morning Hospitality Opportunities:
1. Go to www.sollc.org
2. Select CONNECT along the top navigation
3. Select WORSHIP
4. Select SUNDAY MORNING HOSPITALITY
5. Login to your SOLLC Account; Please contact SOLLC at 952-230-2988 with Login Questions.
6. Under I Want To View select “Available Serving Opportunities”
7. Select a Serving Opportunity that matches your interests and/or gifts.
8. Select “INTERESTED” This will send an email to the serving leader who will contact you with confirmation.
Three days before you are set to serve you will receive an email confirmation with specifics regarding when to arrive, where to check in, etc.
Contact Kari Unruh at email@example.com or call at 952-230-2988 with questions or to sign-up!