Shepherd's Flock Preschool
Shepherd's Flock Preschool believes every child deserves the opportunity for a high quality educational experience. We offer physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual nurturing in a safe, Christian environment, fostered and supported as part of the mission and ministry of Shepherd of the Lake Lutheran Church.
- Each child is accepted as an individual
- Children learn by playing through a mixture of teacher and child initiated activities and hands-on learning
- We incorporate Christian faith into our everyday experiences
- Children learn that they are nurtured and loved by God
- Our activities promote language, literacy, math, science, arts and large motor play
- We create a high-quality learning environment that enables every child to become a creative and confident thinker.
- We partner with families to support their child’s learning and development
- Parents are welcomed into the classroom at all times.
It is important to develop routines that are predictable and consistent to help children feel secure and become increasingly independent. The following is a typical day:
- Welcome/Sign in
- First Circle – Prayer, hello song, discuss area of study
- Interest Areas – Learning stations and small groups may be during this time
- Second Circle – Sharing bag, music and movement, story
- Snack Time
- Large Motor – Outside, Gym or YMCA
WHAT PARENTS SAY
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Shepherd's Flock Preschool admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
For More Information
To learn more about the program and scholarships or to arrange a visit, please contact Ann Janisch, Director of Shepherd's Flock Preschool, at 952.230.2923 .